The Hull Music Charter started as local musicians gathered to counter the “myth of the free gig,” and was soon embraced by a number of the city’s venues, promoters and festivals. The Charter is based on musicians’ rights to dignity at work, a fair wage, just conditions of work, and a safe and healthy working environment. From these ideals they devised five objectives:
- Each artist is valued at the least to the rate of one hour of National Minimum Wage pre performance.
- Travel expenses are valued at the least to the rate of 20 miles of Approved Mileage Allowance Payment per act per performance.
- Refreshments to be provided free for all artists.
- Trading space to be provided in a prominent position for merchandise and promotion of all artists.
- Parking space to be provided free for all artists.
Leave a Comment